My life, at the moment, is looking up.
For once, winter seems to be far less anxiety-ridden than the summer, and I'm in a happy, stable relationship.
I've managed to go to the same school for more that 5 months without getting kicked out, and I've lived in the same apartment for 10 months now. I've even hung up posters here, which those of you who know me in person know is a big deal for me.
I like it here. For the first time in a long while, I live in a town where I could imagine settling down. And I don't feel panicky about it. Usually by this time, I'd have my stuff packed, ready to flee from my anxieties and start over in yet another town. But I don't want to leave this place, I've got people here and places I like to be. Places where I just stop in my tracks and fall into a blissful trance for a while.
I like to ride my bike over to the park and just sit at the bench where I can stare at the lake, listen to the crickets, and see a good portion of the night sky. Stars have always calmed me down. I excelled at reading at a young age because I kept reading astronomy-books. when I see them, I feel connected to the outside universe, and life doesn't feel as lonely and isolated anymore. I just feel peace, like there's millions of other entities feeling the same as me, wanting to share the moment with someone, anyone.
I have real people to share moments with now, and for the first time in what seems like 4-5 years now, I have the energy and social network to interact more with people form outside my own head than inside. I finally feel like I'm becoming able to connect with "outside people" again, and people keep telling me I look healthier. Although, that may also be because I've become better at makeup.
I like my own face. I like seeing it in the mirror, and I finally feel like I'm coming to terms with how I look. Wouldn't mind losing a few kilos though. Hello, who wouldn't?
'Ey, just noticed I've kicked another obsessive-compulsive thought; I used to have to say the word 'hello' out loud if I typed it. Dunno why, just did.
I'm not insane anymore! Kidding, I've never been mentally insane. But I feel more confident now that I won't end up a "crazy cat-lady" than I used to, hahaha.
My life all-in-all feels good. I still have some way to go, but I'm more confident now that I'll get there. And I've got good people by my side.
I know most of my posts seem melancholic and pessimistic, especially if you follow the other blog, the one about lists, but I can now assure you, my mental state is... Happier.
Not that I've ever been severely unhappy many times, but I have felt what can best be described as a crippling hopelessness mixed with the fear of being left and forgotten by everyone I love.
I don't have that anymore, thanks to medicines, therapy, and a stronger social network.
... The fact that I am in a relationship which has lasted for more than a month without one of us fretting has also helped a lot, I won't lie to you. It feels good, and I'm happy. I want it to last, I want this person to be in my life one way or another for as long as humanely possible, and it has been forever since I last managed to connect that way with someone. It feels so... Freeing, good, harmonic. I'm not glorifying the whole thing, and that's another thing I wanted to mention since this post is about what I feel good about in my life at the moment. See, I am for once not blinded by those pink-heart-shaped sunglasses people usually put on when in love. I won't lie I am absolutely smitten and utterly in love at the moment, but I'm mature enough now to still stay rational, and to not lie to myself about how things are and stuff.
I'm happy, people. My mind is lighter, the people in there are hibernating, and my days are never the same. I like my life, especially when I see it on the bright side.
What do you guys like about your life? Tell me!
No comments:
Post a Comment