Thursday, 19 May 2016

"Smile at the hidden camera"

I try to keep at positive outlook on things most of the time, but lately, it's been rough. The past week has been a string of failures and bad news, and the feeling of inadequacy is strong.
I'm somehow halfway expecting some idiot to jump out from behind a bush and yell "surprise! You've been pranked! Smile at the hidden cameras there, there, and there!", that it's all just a cruel joke taken way too far.

I won't go into detail about what the things are, but I will say this: I am painfully aware of my shortcomings at the moment. I've cried a lot recently, and I can't sit still, nor keep eyecontact.

As I said, I try to keep a positive attitude. And although time moves very slowly at the moment, I try to take it one step at a time.
One, or even more than a few minor setbacks should'nt get in the way of the overall process of improvement I've been told I'm in.

The hardest parts of getting better, for me, has been accepting that sometimes, I don't feel so good, and also being able to talk about it. Being honest with people about how I'm doing, and putting words to my thoughts.
Accepting you don't feel great also means allowing yourself to feel negative emotions like pain and sadness, and for me, that also means learning how to deal with those emotions in a healthy way.

When all else fails, when I'm alone with my thoughts, I've got stuffed animals to hug. And the internet.

The buddhists have a saying: 'This shall pass'.
Nothing is permanent. Even though emotions like sadness, anger, anxiety, and heartbreak, sometimes feel like they'll go on forever, they won't. And that's important to remember.

I'm not trying to convey some profound wisdom by writing all this, I just wanted to share some thoughts of mine, get them out of my system.
Because right now, I'm alone with my thoughts, and it's hard to sleep even though I'm exhausted and need to get up early tomorrow.

But don't worry about me. I've got supportive people around me, in my life, and I know there's light at the end of each tunnel. Even though that light is sometimes hard to see, I just gotta keep on going, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment